Senior DevOps Engineer – OpenstackCanada - US Contract Remote
Looking for a DevOps Engineer, the client is a well-known worldwide ERP leader + 100 000 employees
Location: Remote from North America only
WORK EXPERIENCE: 10 years of experience in cloud infrastructure
Type: Contract 12 months
The Converged Cloud team is responsible for building and operating the IAAS platform on par with Hyperscalers
Run a highly scalable and secure IAAS platform and provide automation services to all lines of business, we leverage technologies from VMware, OpenStack, and required management tools/processes on top.
- Understand the architecture of Converged Cloud platform (OpenStack, Ansible Automation, VMware, EMC, Arista, Cisco, etc.) and deliver 3rd Level expert cloud operations support.
- vSphere Support operations of complete IaaS Service on a global scale, take care of daily operations
- Work as part of an agile DevOps team and drive assigned topics from an operations point of view.
- Design Compute infrastructure-related changes, collect customer requirements, group and prioritize them, and collaborate with the cloud platform development and architecture team
- 5-7 years in managing cloud infrastructure environments from an end-to-end perspective, covering compute, network and storage up to hypervisor and cloud platform level
- Lead continuous improvement & enhancements for the cloud platform and the operations
- Ability to lead other team members into the desired solutions
- Fluent in Change, Incident, Problem and Escalation management
- In-depth technical expertise with regards to virtual infrastructure including VMware vSphere/Cisco/EMC/Arista and other virtualization products
- Knowledge of OpenStack
- Expert knowledge in virtualization, especially vSphere management, including Linux know-how
- Automation Know-How and programming skills – Python and Ansible
- Automating cloud infrastructure tasks is a key enabler for the team
- Experience working in large-scale datacenter/cloud/network environments
- Bachelor’s in engineering, Computer Science or related area.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a distributed organization of highly motivated and qualified individuals
- Drive for and focus on results and execution
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation and communication skills at all levels, including written and verbal
- Good Team player
- Experience regarding DevOps and the agile development methodologies
- General knowledge about various solutions like HANA, ERP and/or BW